Pages

Advertisement

Monday 30 October 2017

Morata: I'd sign 10-year Chelsea Contract

Alvaro Morata says he is willing to sign a 10-year contract at Chelsea after clarifying reports that he was unhappy with life in London.
Morata: I'd sign 10-year Chelsea Contract
An interview by Gazzetta dello Sport
claimed that Morata said he would not be staying in London for long as the city was "too stressful".

He reaffirmed his commitment to Chelsea at the pre-match news conference ahead of the Champions League match with Roma.
Morata said: "We have a problem of understanding in this interview. If Chelsea proposed me 10 years I would probably sign it as I am happy at the club, I am happy with the city and everything in London.
"I really like London and if I improve, probably I can stay here more than five years. I need to score many goals otherwise Chelsea would buy another player, it is normal."

The Spaniard says he will eventually move back to his home country once his career finishes as there are some elements of London he doesn't like.
Morata added: "I wanted to say that probably in the future when I finish my career I probably won't live there but now I am very happy in London and I am enjoying London with my wife.
"I really like it now but probably in the future when I have a child and want to take him to school once I have finished my career, I prefer to go back to my country.
"It is normal for me. When I say it's a stressful city I mean the traffic and a lot of people. I say to it is an incredible city with many religions and different kind of people so I really enjoy London."

[ALSO READ] : BAKAYOKO DYES HAIR BLUE AFTER GOAL PROMISE

The 25-year-old left the country last summer to re-sign for Real Madrid before moving to the Premier League a year later.
Gazzetta dello Sport said that Morata wished he had never left Turin but again the forward again clarified those comments.
"The only thing that I said was that I was happy at Juventus and the only way I would have left is if Real Madrid wanted me again and this is what happened."

The Chelsea forward will be hoping he can end a run of five games without a goal against Roma, he has yet to score since returning from injury.
Morata scored seven goals in his first seven games before suffering a hamstring problem in Chelsea's defeat to Manchester City in September.

No comments:

Leave a comment